Tue, Jul 09|
El Paso Regional Communications Center
On Scene First: DISCover the People-Centered Perspective
The most important asset of any public safety organization is the people that make up the team. The foundation of this session is based on the DISC Model of Human Behavior.
Time & Location
Jul 09, 2024, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MDT
El Paso Regional Communications Center, 6055 Threadgill Ave, El Paso, TX 79924, USA
About The Event
Attendees will take a 24-question DISC assessment and learn the importance of building better interpersonal relationships through self-awareness and improved communication skills. We will discuss the importance of finding your place and responsibility in people education along with:
- 5-page DISC human behavior model assessment
- How to know yourself, know your people, and build better teams
- Leadership versus management
- Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution, and Feedback
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence
- The Negativity Detox
TCOLE documentation will be made available to the Agency Training Coordinator or Administrator for outside course reporting.