Tue, Feb 06|
El Paso Regional Communications Center
APCO: Communications Training Officer (CTO) 6th Edition
APCO Institute’s new CTO 6th Ed. course provides comprehensive training on the roles and responsibilities of CTOs in running an agency’s one-on-one training program.
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2024, 8:00 AM MST – Feb 08, 2024, 5:00 PM MST
El Paso Regional Communications Center, 6055 Threadgill Ave, El Paso, TX 79924, USA
About The Event
APCO Institute’s new Communications Training Officer (CTO) 6th Ed. course provides comprehensive training on the roles and responsibilities of CTOs in running an agency’s one-on-one training program. The course focuses on performance-based training and management and the need for standardized training with documentation. This CTO 6th Ed. course includes the essential elements of a CTO program based on the industry-recognized “San Jose Model” while also incorporating the requirements set by the national standard for CTO programs — APCO ANS 3.101.3-2017 Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Training Officers.
- The Communications Training Officer: Roles and Responsibilities in Performance Management and Training
- CTO Program Building Blocks
- Preparing, Motivating, and Communicating with Trainees
- Training and the Adult Learner
- Documentation in the CTO Program
- Tracking and Evaluating Trainee Performance
- The CTO and the Future of the Workplace
TCOLE documentation will be made available to the Agency Training Coordinator or Administrator for outside course reporting.